VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Circus, here we go again


Jorgie and Antonio, my fraternity brothers from Santa Barbara wanted to hit up Circus on Friday night and invited me to come along. It was great pre-partying with Jorgie at a hotel, it gave us a chance to catch up. He just returned from Hawaii not too long ago and his tan looks amazing! He's doing really well and he seems very happy, which I love. He's definitely shining. Antonio and his boyfriend showed up to prep-arty as did Alex who, once again, caved in to peer pressure and decided to join the drinking fun.

Have you ever noticed how rushed everything seems when you drink? So much went down in such a short time. I run into Joe and reminded him of last weekend when he got drunk and told me off. Once again, he delivered. He got drunk and told me off. Not a good pattern but I love the guy just the same, but I refuse to be his drunk punching bag.

Of course it wasn't long before I lost my friends. Alex where'd you go!? As usual I was making the rounds at Circus, greeting friends, meeting new people, catching up with acquaintances and buying a drink in between.

I ran into Mikey who I haven't been a really good friend to. I haven't made the attempt to communicate with him. The thing about Mikey is that he's an over-achiever. The guy is amazing. He has a beautiful daughter and still busted his ass off to earn his BA and Master's degree. Mike's always been a go-getter. He's the perfect, guy hard working, attractive, a great outlook in life, driven and kind. I need to hangout with him more, not from guilt, but because I love the guy. I've known him since 1994 and since we reconnected in 2002, he's remained a source of motivation. Mikey: thank you for being my confidant and a source of inspiration!

Marty. Marty and I have been bumping into one another these last few rounds at Circus. Every time I see him I want to give him the biggest hug. We weren't the greatest friends to each other, but there was a lot of love there. He's got this great energy about him and he makes life so much more fun. If you know me, then you know how pissy and irritable I can get, especially when things don't go to plan, but that's life and Marty helped me understand that to some degree. I took our falling out very hard but maybe it's what needed to happen for me to realize that I genuinely love and care for the guy. We're having dinner in the next week or so, I hope things go well, I know there's a lot we have to talk about. Like, who he fell in love with recently...that was some drama last night.

Alex's fraternity brothers are fun guys, especially Anthony. We had a fun conversation and he made a wonderful impression. I'm glad him and I finally had an opportunity to talk. I'm so glad Alex has great guys in his life.

Dedan was there too. Our exchange was a brief wave of the hand. I haven't really heard from him lately and God knows I've tried to communicate with him. I keep wondering if it was a short-lived friendship that just suffered a sudden death, I sure hope not. He's a great guy with an awesome heart. Him and I became close a few weeks back. We swapped a lot of stories and I'm hopeful that we'll have more stories to share in the near future.

If you're reading this then you've noticed I've been mentioning Alex quite often. He's been my best friend for the last month or so. We're always going out and having a blast! He's grown a lot, especially his butt. It's a wonder he doesn't tip backwards. Alex paid me one of the nicest compliments last night. He told me that I have an amazing circle of friends in my life. I thought about it for a quick second...YES! I really do! Damn, I'm so damn lucky! Two anaps to all my friends, especially those who I got to see last night!

Jorgie, thanks for the room and especially for that gift you brought back from Hawaii for me! Now I can clutch the pearls next time someone says something shocking!

No comments:

site meter