VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Phone time

Being on the phone is possibly the most annoying thing in the world for me (aside from Republicans of course). Most of you know that my phone is usually off preferring to communicate via email, AIM or myspace, it's what works for me and I'm going with it. I receive several text messages from numbers that I don't recognize. I don't even know who was asking me earlier today about any hot spots in Santa Barbara. Yes, it's true, I only have about 15 numbers stored on my phone and I've had this particular one for over a year and a half. I don't even charge the stupid thing therefore I keep misplacing it for days straight without ever realizing it. Sick, right?

Change may be on the horizon. I've had the best talks with Spike in recent days. Speaking with that guy is a total upper for me, mostly because of the kind of guy he is and the energy that exudes. I love his sincerity and thank him for his genuine interest in checking in with me to see how I'm doing. I've only seen Spike trashed one time and boy, I'm talking chunks! Here's hoping that Vegas is still in the cards for his berfday and if not, an overdue trip to the bay will happen sooner than later.

Sergio, wow, this guy is a total bad-ass. His dedication to his career and politics is fascinating and refreshing. Despite the fact that he too is on Team Obama, he's stated many times that he'll support the eventual Democratic nominee as I plan to do as well. This guy is in love with his community and with the country, I don't question his commitment to his politics and applaud his many efforts. This past year has been incredibly hectic for me and sometimes the frustration can be more overwhelming than I've been prepared to handle. Sergio has completely mastered how to excel in the job sector as well as in the various organizations that he's involved with. What's most amazing to me is that every time I see this guy, he has the happiest disposition on full display. Our conversation yesterday was just what I needed. If there is a future in politics for me, Sergio will be the ideal adviser for a campaign.

I'll give turning my phone on more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with ya on not being a bit phone-talker. I'd rather write people, text, chat, or better yet meet up and hang out. :) But I KNOW that one of those 15 numbers you have stored is mine....right? ...RIIGHT!? :)

site meter