VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Quote


I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
-Robert Fulghum


A friend's grandmother recently passed away. I sensed something tragically wrong before he actually told me what had happened. It's more than just a passing he had to endure. Death is hard enough without having to deal with complex family feuds that make it next to impossible to mourn peacefully. I'm not the best listener, but I felt an emotional connection and internalized some of his pain. I felt compelled to try offering some comfort and so I read him a quote that I came across online. These simplest of words ring basic and true to what's important to me in my own life. The quote inspired me and I can hope they brought him some comfort.

No comments:

site meter