VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Alex's Birthday Night







Cobras and Matadors, The Abbey and Circus

This past Friday we celebrated Alex's birthday. The night started out with some great conversation over dinner at Cobras & Matadors in Los Angeles. I met some great people, including Saski who comes of extremely positive and full of life.

The night took a turn for the worst when a couple more of Alex's friends showed up. The restaurant wasn't booked to capacity yet made no effort to find us a bigger table to seat us all. The main reason that Alex chose that restaurant was because you can bring in your own alcohol; the only option left was to sit at the tables outside which is also the one place in the establishment where we couldn't drink the alcohol we brought. Bitches.

The service was awful, the quality of the food wasn't that great and I don't see myself going back there anytime soon.

We headed out to the Abbey for some light pre-party drinks. The plan was to head to Circus for soome dancing and drinks. The Abbey is always fun and people seemed to be enjoying themselves a lot but I was eager to get to Circus, being that it's my favorite club in LA.

Circus was fun! I ran into Alberto, I hadn't seen him since New Year's eve! The 818 Crew was there and they're always fun. There's some weird vibe between Danny and I. We didn't have any kind of falling out or anything, we just stopped talking and I'm playing that by ear but alas, no everyone, I don't have anything against Danny.

The Gammas were representing in full effect! Juan, Jose, Beto and Tony were there and uniquely representing a different chapter. I love networking and it's always fun to run into people who have had a similar experience. When I first met Tony he came off as standoffish but in getting to know him over a short while, he's just more quiet than others and so far a pretty good guy.

Timing is everything and last night was a perfect example. There's some weird friendship dynamic that Alex has with some people close to him. Tears were shed that night and not out of happiness. Everyone is protective about Alex including myself and despite the futile attempts to break him free of a confrontation he was having with a friend, Alex would not budge.

The night was saved however! Brotherhood really is strong with Alex. The Gammas salvaged the night by inviting Alex and I to the Gay Burrito. The night didn't end there. Apparently we made improvised plans for us to go tanning. Goodness, we're dorks.

To be continued...

No comments:

site meter