VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Day with the Girls, I mean the Gammas






One of the highlights from Circus was hanging out with Alex and his fraternity brothers, the Gammas. NAKs and Gammas are the dominant Latino based fraternity's on the West Coast making us rivals to some degree because we're both relatively large while also being founded around the same time. Of course, this rivalry gets intensified at some chapters while others have a pretty good relationship. In the real world, it's important to embrace all people, especially if they've got a good head on their shoulders.

After Circus Alex and I joined his Fraternity brothers at the Gay Burrito off Santa Monica Blvd. I had a great time with them at Circus and the vibe continued while we ate. Of course I was teased for being a NAK but that's just because they don't know any better, ha ha. In all reality these guys were wonderful people having a really good time.

I'm not sure how this came to be, but they convinced Alex and I to crash at Beto's (UCLA) apartment so that we can continue drinking and go tanning the next day. Of course it sounds silly in retrospect considering the weather had been a little cold as of late but alas, they had me at more drinks.

We woke up the next day and these guys...oh man...they wanted to start taking shots! I don't take succesful shots but thanks to them I finally found my poison! I can take a shot of whiskey with ease! We must have taken 9 shots in a span of 2 hours, goodtimes! We got into some discussions on the Democratic Primary, gay marriage and God knows what else. We walked to a Mexican restaurant where Alex treated me to some nachos with chicken mmmmmmmm.

Soon after we returned to the apartment we decided to head to the beach, I was the most sober to drive and so we headed to Santa Monica which was only about a minute drive away. The beach was fun and even snuck in a few shots while we were tanning. Jose (UCSD) and Alex got into the water which was way to cold for me so I joined Juan (Cal State LA) and Beto on land. in the hour and a half we were there I was able to get a light tan but I wanted a bit more color mostly because I was inspired by my friend Mikey who just got himself a great tan at the beach just one week before.

Upon returning to the apartment, we settled down to watch Aladdin, only Jose was able to stay up through the whole thing. We ordered pizza too! I haven't had pizza in months, thanks guys! I was drunk and hungover by 8pm, I couldn't take it. I felt miserable and was not up for another night of partying. After a much needed nap, I drove Alex home and headed home.

Hanging out with them kept NAK on my mind. Their interaction reminded me of the fun times that I've had with my own fraternity brothers. A big thanks to you gentlemen for a great time, you guys are quality people.

1 comment:

Nel said...

The clubs, the drinks, the shots, the beach, the burritos, the brotherhood, the friends...that all is nice and fun....but you had me at Aladdin! That would've been my highlight. LOL j/k Sounds like you had a nice time overall. I don't regret many decisions in life, but looking back I do kinda regret not having been in some kind of frat or group in school. Then again, living off campus kinda made it tough at times to be on campus that much. lol But oh well, I'm glad I have the friends I have NOW. :)

site meter