VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Plan B comeback?

I wanted to cut Dedan off completely. I thought if there was anyone I could turn to it would be Dedan, a guy who comes off confident, sincere, intelligent and good hearted. We had a moment of closeness that soon vanished after he made a recovery from things he needed to deal with. Instead of following my usual pattern of anger followed by bitterness, I walked away. He tried contacting me a couple of times but only after reading my blog and I certainly didn't want to talk to him just because he read things about himself. A dual sense of pride and indifference made it easy to walk away. Look, I don't need friends who don't make the time for friendships or much less, who aren't there when it really counts. Fake friends, is the term right? The friendship Dedan and I had wasn't fake, it was genuine (I want to believe anyway), but I got the feeling he didn't care to be friends and my suspicions were backed up his actions a few times over.

Dedan paid me a call, early on the conversation was headed into acting like everything was okay when it clearly wasn't. I made my feelings clear and he was receptive to my words. He's not the type of person who would intentionally hurt someone's feelings, but I do think that he is careless about some friendships. In fact, I tried inviting him out for drinks sometime next week knowing that he was expecting friends from out of town this weekend, and of course...he said maybe, opting for doing a weekend of nothing so he can recover. Has nothing changed? I thought he understood. I thought he already recovered. Am I going to be put on the back burner subjected to his mundane excuses of already having plans, tending to his friends, going out of town, or needing to take a weekend off so he can recover from life?

I ended the conversation by challenging him to follow up with the drinks thing if he really did want to be friends. I refuse and won't be a stand by friend to anyone. I would love to keep Dedan as a friend, but if it's not meant to be there's no reason to force it. We're both grown enough to realize that we don't need to be clutter in each other's lives.

It looks bleak but if Hillary can make a comeback then why not Plan B?

No comments:

site meter