VISUALIZE. CREATE. SHARE. INSPIRE!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

HIV/STD Testing




It's that time of the year again to walk into a cold room to get screened for HIV and STDs. The routine is similar but honestly it doesn't get any easier with age, each check up is just as if not scarier than the last. The prominent AIDS activism and awareness that was so string in the 80's and 90's is all but vanished. I think people seem to talk less and less about HIV and getting testing tested because HIV/AIDS isn't as fatal as it once was. Despite the advancements in modern medicine the virus is no friend of the immune system. Everyone must realize that one night of careless fun does not outweigh living the rest of your life with a the disease.

I'm not scared of getting tested, I'm scared of the results...but it's something I have to do for myself. I love having fun but I love myself more and to me. I'm priceless.

I urge you all to grab a buddy and get tested together. Bringing back this consciousness is crucial in changing the mindset of HIV and the global community is affects. If you aren;t comfortable with anyone knowing that you're being tested then take an anonymous test. Remember, most tests are free so there's no reason why you shouldn't get it done.

The L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center offers free HIV/STD Testing, click link for more details.
www.lagaycenter.org

If you don't live in the L.A. area then just run a simple google search to find the nearest testing center in your area.

No comments:

site meter